Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dwell

I heard this song for the first time only a few weeks ago, and in some ways, it's helped me to connect with and experience God since then. Not only do I listen to it at least once every day but it's kind of become my prayer that I sing to myself during the day when I lack all other words to talk to God.

Here's a really cool video of the song that I managed to find, performed by Vineyard. I think it captivates much of the wonder and mystery that should fill our hearts and minds when we consider the Spirit of God.

This campus doesn't need Chris Kopp. My team doesn't need Chris Kopp. My girlfriend doesn't need Chris Kopp. My family doesn't need Chris Kopp.

They all need Jesus.

Working in and through me.

I am weak and broken. I will mess up everything I am entrusted with 10 times out of 10 - without the presence of God in my life.

For me, this song is a plea to God to take me out of the equation and to fill this shell of a man with Himself. Would this campus, my team, Amy, and my family all see not me, but Christ in me.

"Dwell in the midst of us
Come and dwell in this place
Dwell in the mist of us
Come and have Your way

Dwell in the midst of us
Wipe all the tears from our faces
Dwell in the midst of us
You can have Your way

Not our will but Yours be done
Come and change us
Not our will but Yours be done
Come sustain us"

-CK

No comments: